Please take time to read these terms and conditions carefully before enrolment forms are signed and submitted. It contains important information designed to safeguard the wellbeing of our pupils and to ensure that the good name of our School continues to be associated with high quality teaching and the enjoyment of dance.
Fees and Cancellation
- Fees are payable termly in advance and no later than the second class of each new term.
- A reminder for fees not paid after the second class of term will incur a 5% interest charge.
- Fees are based on a 10-13 week term as indicated on the timetable provided.
- As our costs are fixed, fees remain payable in cases of absence. There is no reduction for sickness or holidays.
- Half a terms written notice or payment in lieu is required if you wish to withdraw your child from any classes.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Any increase in fees with be notified one term ahead of the increase.
Methods of Payment
- Bank Giro/transfer.
- By direct debit or standing order- (arrangements must be made through the school secretary)
Written confirmation from the Principal confirming that a student has been allocated a place establishes a contract for the provision of teaching services offered at the school.
Tozer Studios reserves the right to alter the timetables and its teaching staff as appropriate at anytime without prior notice. However, we will endeavor to inform parents and carers of any changes as soon as possible.
Photographs and Filming
The school will, from time to time, take photographs and video film footage of students during class time for use in marketing and publicity material. Please sign the appropriate section of the permission slip included on the Enrolment Form. If you have any objection, please clearly indicate this on the form.
Code of Conduct
- Children should arrive promptly, correctly dressed and attend classes regularly.
- Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform the staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
- During class, children are expected to listen and we discourage any unnecessary talking. If a child is causing disruption they will be asked to leave the lesson.
- From time to time it is necessary for the teachers to use physical contact when helping to improve pupils’ posture or assist movements. This includes physical contact between students i.e. holding hands.
- The staff at Tozer Studios reserves the right to exclude students at any time from lessons at its discretion.
- Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. Tozer Studios cannot accept liability for lost or damaged belongings. Anything we find will be placed in lost property.
- Parents are responsible for their child’s safety before and after class times. The liability of Staff is restricted to class time only and then only to gross negligence.
- Children and students playing outside between classes do so at their own risk and the school cannot be held responsible for the safety of the students out of the studios.
- Whilst we actively encourage our pupils to take part in related activities, pupils who attend our studios are not permitted to take consistent dance classes elsewhere in subjects offered at Tozer Studios. This is to avoid a conflict of interest in the training we offer, and to protect the development of each student. In special cases, permission will be granted for any external related performances. This will be approached on a case by case situation.
- Tozer’s policy for rearranging private lessons is only done so if the Teacher or the school are unable to fulfil the commitment of the lesson i.e. due to a teacher’s illness or on the rare occasion where rehearsals that may arise clash with a private lesson. Lessons cannot be rearranged due to pupil illness or for a pupil to fulfil another commitment whatever that involves.
- Our policy for entering students for their ISTD & RAD professional examinations is done so with much consideration and care for each individual. Decisions are based on students reaching the required standard and beyond for each grade and not always on previous results or length of time within that grade. Please be advised of this policy during the examination selection procedure.